Thursday, September 11, 2014

Clinique rinse-Off eye makeup remover review


Clinique rinse-Off eye makeup remover review
Clinique's eye make up remover
So, as I mentioned, I had to attend 2 weddings over the past weekend... I see this as a good opportunity to test out my eye make up removers!

My beauty consultant at Clinique introduced me to this eye make up remover indicating that it is perfect for sensitive skin... so I decided to give it a try.

These are the claims:
Unique formula quickly removes all eye makeup, from lashes to brows. Perfect for quick makeup changes, touchups, repairs. Cleans eye area easily without disturbing other makeup. No rubbing necessary. Oil-free, blur-free, sting-free. Ophthalmologist Tested.
Clinique rinse-Off eye makeup remover review
after a few rubs
I was quite happy with the results on my eyes... but I wanted to see how effective it was to remove the make up...to put this to the test, I decided to put eye products on my hand and see clearly how effective this make up remover is.

impressions:
  • got some product out of my eyes (please see the test results below)
  • stinging sensation (I had to squint and wash the product off immediately)
  • mild smell

Clinique rinse-Off eye makeup remover review
these were the products I used
These are the lit of products I decided to use for this test, and they correspond to the lines on my hand
  1. Kate eye shadow palatte
  2. Kate Super Sharp eye liner
  3. Maybelline's Falsie waterproof mascara
  4. Maybelline's Express Turbo Boost mascara


Clinique rinse-Off eye makeup remover review
the results
steps to using this make up remover:
  • Moisten cotton ball with Rinse-Off Eye Makeup Solvent or use a cotton swab for spot work.
  • Sweep over eye makeup.
  • Tissue off or rinse with water.

The results are quite disappointing, (you can only tell that the final mascara still is present in this picture, but the others were still apparent (except for the eye shadow). I guess I had too much eyeshadow on my eyes, and that caused an illusion that this makeup remover cleaned off the products well... 

I was really disappointed with the stinging sensation I experienced with this product... I thought it was for sensitive skin... but the stinging sensation was literally unbearable...


Clinique rinse-Off eye makeup remover review
happy clean face
At the end of the day, I'm so glad I got my face well cleaned with LOTS of water!

score: 6/10

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good eye makeup remover. Is it expensive? I heard the Biodera eye makeup remover is pretty good too....it's very gentle on the eye and is good to use on sensitive skin as well and it's a water based remover. I have yet to try it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is an ok eye make up remover... a little on the pricey side... I was disappointed that it created a stinging sensation around my eye :(...

      oh... I haven't had the chance to use Biodera products, should check it out :)

      Delete
    2. *I meant... not too expensive oops... :P

      Delete

LinkWithin