Monday, January 13, 2014

Crabtree and Evelyn has a new tube container (plastic vs. metal)

Crabtree and Evelyn's Summer Hill, old container vs new container
old vs new container tube
New and Old Tube Container

For this post, I will be focusing on the new packaging. (click here to read my review on Summer Hill Hand Cream) I was kind of excited, shocked and happy when I saw the new packaging. Unlike it's traditional container (which is made out of metal), the new packaging is made out of plastic. Say bye to those hideous moments where you are literally fighting with the tube to get more hand cream out (you can see from the picture what happened to my used tube, and even as "flat" and "empty" it looks, there is still a lot of cream inside... I'm still finding ways to get it out)

I really hated the old packaging because my purse always gave it dents. These dents make it almost impossible to squeeze cream out, especially towards the end.

Last year I purchased their tube key, it definitely helped me get more of the product out, (one tip is to use the key several times, you'd be surprised as to how many more product you can get out each time) but because there were already so many dents, there is still a lot of cream trapped inside. Some times, the dents also cause the metal container to rip too (I guess you can see how frustrated I was using the old metal container).

Crabtree and Evelyn Tube Key
I got this key last year, looks like I won't have any use for it anymore
I have just gotten their cream with the new plastic container for days, and I already love it. I can put it in my purse knowing there won't be dents when I take it out later.

I have noticed that they have also taken initiative to adding the full list of ingredients to the back of the new plastic containers.

I am really glad that Crabtree and Evelyn has finally decided to go for plastic containers! I can't wait to finish the full tube this time!


Official website for Summer Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin