Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Montana's Cookhouse food review

It has been a while since I've been to Montana's. The last time I was there, I was so hungry I forgot to take pictures of their food, thus, my review was mainly on the atmosphere. This time, I was sure to take pictures and write a better review.

regular pork back ribs with Texas Bold sauce with Southern Baked Beans and Rice Pilaf & Corn Bread- $20.99
Since Montana's is known for their South Western US of A food, we decided to settle for some ribs.
Smokehouse Pork Ribs. The menu described them as:

Rubbed, smoked, basted and grilled to finger licking perfection

It was REALLY good, the description was very accurate. We were sitting there wondering how did they make the pork so smooth yet it can be so thoroughly cooked. It was really good! For the sauce, we decided on Texas Bold since it seems that this place specializes in Texas Bold. The dish was literally grilled to perfection. The meat was so tender and was well marinaded. This entree included Corn Bread and 2 sides of our choice. It was very filling. ( we decided on the southern baked beans and rice... the sides were very filling, but we thought they could have tasted better. They both weren't very tasty... if you want something really good, I would recommend the mashed potatoes, they were really good!)

Signature dish - Oven-Baked Antojitos - $9.99
For the appetizer we order one of their signature appetizers, Oven-Baked Antojitos. They described this as:

A spicy blend of cheese, jalapeno, onion, and red pepper, rolled up in a flour tortilla and oven-baked till melted.
served with pesto sour cream dipping sauce

I really appreciated that it was oven baked (yet it was very crispy, like the fried ones, but healthier). This can be very filling, so I highly recommend that you share this dish with others... or you won't be able to try the other foods available.

Signature dish - mile high mud cake - $8.49
For dessert, we got their signature dessert, Mile High Mud Cake. 

A mountain of layers. Expresso chocolate chunk ice cream, creamy peanut butter, and chocolate ice cream on a crunchy chocolate cookie crust. Topped with Whipped Cream and Chocolate Sauce.
I think they got every irresistible cake flavour on this cake. It was huge... the picture doesn't reflect that though.
side view of mud cake $8.49
I totally failed at taking a clear picture of this I didn't want to look awkward taking a picture but look at how huge it is! It took us nearly 45 minutes to finish this. It was really delicious. There is a "half" cake option for this item, so if you want to try it but is already full, try that. (I'm sure it will be more than enough).

I would definitely come back to Montana's again. Their food, service, quality and quantity are all good.

I would give this place 9/10 (that's a very high score)

website: http://www.montanas.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin