Thursday, September 19, 2013

Annie's Shells with Real Aged Cheddar review


I have always been a fan of Mac and Cheese foods, so when I found these Shells and Cheddar in Costco, I was very excited. Like most people who are very health cautious, the first thing I did was look at their ingredients list. I read through the ingredients and was impressed. They had hardly, if any chemicals, everything seemed very natural and they claimed they were organic. I wonder how they were able to maintain being so "natural" since most dry "cook it yourself" foods contains lots of chemicals.

back side of box with nutrition information

The instructions were very simple: boil water, put in pasta, after a few minutes drain pasta and make sauce using milk/butter then put in pasta.

I think the instructions were very precise,they did a good job providing instructions that work. When I compared the image to my final dish, they looked really similar. (any one here come across cooking instructions that never worked for them?).

ready to serve!
Once I finished combining the sauce with the pasta, I can already smell a strong cheese flavour. This tasted very delicious, almost like... home made (haha). But I'm serious! It was very good, it hardly tasted like anything that was dried and from a box.

As much as I liked it, I think they should do something about making the sauce creamier. I thought it was a little dry.

Summary:

  • easy to make
  • very good instructions
  • great natural/organic ingredients
  • great taste
  • slight improvement to creaminess (and moist)


I would give this box of Cheddar Shells a 9/10.

website: http://www.annies.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin